Monday, January 02, 2006

Jessica's X-Mas Quilt

This is the quilt I made for Jess over the holiday while she was gone. I gave her other things but I knew this one would mean a lot to her and be something she could have and hold for many years to come.

It's the first quilt I ever made. I hand cut each square and heart. Sewed each heart and design by hand, and then hand tied each square, just like grandma would do :::smile::: It's a little larger than queen size.

My neighbor told me I should make them and sell them....I'm not sure i could (or would just make random ones to sell....maybe if someone wanted one and added personal things to it, I might...who knows. But this was very personal for me. it definilty got me thru the days, and helped keep me sane.

It took me a week to make from start to finish

I posted pics below of the smaller quilt I made for my two year old niece Gia.









4 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Deb said...

Wow, that took ALOT of time and love to make!

~Deb

4:32 AM  
Blogger Min said...

Fantastic quilt and lovely photos!

6:06 PM  
Blogger penguininthesun said...

beautiful.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very talented, your quilts are gorgeous. You should sell them, you will probably find you could sell them no bother.

take care

ails

4:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home